Community and cabinetry: We build both.
We’ve been in business since 1978, building quality Fieldstone Cabinetry in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Hundreds of experienced Fieldstone Cabinetry dealers and designers are located across the nation, ready to listen to you and create your dream kitchen and bath.
Our core values matter.
At Fieldstone Cabinetry, our core values are simple and significant. These values shape our culture and define the character of our company.
- Be Honest, Trustworthy and Fair
- Listen with the intent to Learn
- DWYSYWD (Do what you say you will do.)
- Initiative and Accountability are Valued
- Pride and Passion lead to Fulfillment and Growth
We go beyond creating the best cabinetry value for homeowners. Fieldstone Cabinetry is dedicated to our employees and their community.
We are pleased to support these charitable organizations:
- Proud supporters of United Way in 2022
- Support Habitat for Humanity with donated cabinets
- Minnehaha Pheasants Forever sponsor in 2022
- Donated cabinet making materials to O’ Gorman High School in 2022
- 2021 recipient of the Outstanding Private Employer Governor’s Award for outstanding achievements in improving employment opportunities for people with disabilities
- Honored as Employer of the Year by Lutheran Social Services of South Dakota Refugee & Immigration Center.
- Proud sponsors of the Vietnam War Memorial in Pierre, the capitol of South Dakota.
There are so many good reasons to manufacture cabinets in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
- Fieldstone Cabinetry is made in Sioux Falls with domestic and global components.
- Sioux Falls is near the center of the nation, so most destinations are close, relatively speaking. We deliver cabinetry to Maine just as easily as we deliver to California.
- Our central location also makes it convenient to receive the quality raw materials we source from American vendors.
- Our employees care about quality cabinetry.
- Our employees are actively and passionately engaged in our Continuous Improvement (CI) process.
- We have several CI teams from several different departments who watch over every aspect of cabinet production, from order processing through delivery.
You can afford custom cabinetry! At Fieldstone Cabinetry, we make each cabinet by hand, one at a time, to your exact specifications. Are you wondering if you can afford cabinetry that kitchen designers love to specify? You can! When you compare a quote for Fieldstone Cabinetry to a quote from a home center, remember:
- Your Fieldstone Cabinetry will last your lifetime. It won’t need to be replaced after ten years.
- Our custom cabinetry arrives to your home assembled, saving precious dollars on installation and giving you unparalleled fit and finish.
- Fieldstone Cabinetry is built in 1/16 inch increments, so you can use every inch of space in the room.
You’ll find more than a few power tools in our plant. Still, the most important tools are the hands and eyes of our employees.
Here are a few examples:
- We assemble doors by hand.
- It’s the best way to insure that mitered doors have tight joints.
- It’s the best way to insure that the decorative trim on an applied moulding door is aligned smartly.
- We sand doors by hand. Hand sanding is the only way to correctly prepare a door to receive the color you requested.
- We glaze cabinetry by hand.
- First, we stain the wood, then we apply the glaze by hand and then wipe it off by hand.
- When our craftsman wipes off the glaze, he or she can best use the glaze to define the details in your kitchen.
- We distress cabinetry by hand.
- Balancing knife marks, worm holes, rasping and other characteristics throughout an entire room of cabinetry requires thoughtful, artistic judgment. We haven’t met a machine yet that has that ability.
- Every component that goes into your cabinet is handled by a human. Each employee can reject a component if it’s not good enough.
More information about our cabinet construction is in a convenient workbook called Cabinetry Comparison Workbook.
More information about our cabinet finishing process is in a convenient flier called Strong at the Finish.
Attention to Detail
We pay attention to all the details, even the ones you can’t see.
There are hundreds of details that go into making each cabinet. Our best craftsmanship goes into the details that you see, and into the many, many details that you will never see.
For example, after your counter top is installed, this craftsmanship is concealed:
- The side of the cabinet (“end panel”) needs to connect with the face frame of the cabinet. We do that with joinery called dado. Most manufacturers are satisfied with an inadequate butt joint.
- We add side-to-side runners to inset cabinetry to insure the cabinets stay square.
- We also build our inset cabinetry with captive tops and bottoms so the cabinets stay square.
What you can see and feel:
- When the side of a cabinet is visible, many homeowners like to specify flush ends. After we build the flush end, we sand it. This extra step insures a smooth, truly flush end.
- The edges of the doors are sprayed twice for a durable, smooth feel.
More information about our cabinet construction is found in the Cabinetry Comparison Workbook.
Fieldstone Cabinetry is environmentally responsible.
Because there is no room in a landfill for a kitchen, we use no shortcuts when we create Fieldstone Cabinetry. Well-crafted custom cabinetry is what we’ve always built, and we do it wisely. That’s good for your home, and good for our planet.